Synopsis: Joclyn Despain has been marred by a brand on her skin. She doesn't know why the mark appeared on her neck, but she doesn't want anyone to see it, including her best friend Ryland, who knows everything else about her. The scar is the reason she hides herself behind baggy clothes, and won't let the idea of kissing Ryland enter her mind, no matter how much she wants to. The scar is the reason she is being hunted.
If only she knew that she was.
If only she had known that the cursed stone her estranged father sent for her 16th birthday would trigger a change in her. Now, she is being stalked by a tall blonde man, and is miraculously throwing her high school bully ten feet in the air.
Joclyn attempts to find some answers and the courage to follow her heart. When Ryland finds her scar; only he knows what it means, and who will kill her because of it.
Amazon / BN / Book Trailer
Rebecca Ethington has been telling stories since she was small. First, with writing crude scripts, and then on stage with years of theatrical performances. The Imdalind Series is her first stint into the world of literary writing. Rebecca is a mother to two, and wife to her best friend of 14 years. She was born and raised in the mountains of Salt Lake City, and hasn’t found the desire to leave yet. Her days are spent writing, running, and enjoying life with her amazing family.
Hi Rebecca! Welcome to Shortie Says! :)
Hey Jena! Thanks for having me, I love your blog and am kind of geeking out over here.
SS: Aw, shucks! Thank you!!! :)
- I always start off easy: Black or White? Black. There is just something elegant about black – that and it doesn’t stain.
- Noise or Silence? Noise. But good noise. If the noise is kid induced then I will take silence every time.
- Being able to fly or being able to read people's thoughts? Oh dear… I have a long hidden desire to be able to fly, but I am also terrified of heights, like petrified to the point of hyperventilating afraid of heights
- $300 Amazon giftcard or Starbucks for a year? I’m an odd ball, but gift card. I never really got on the coffee bandwagon, even though I find the smell addicting. The only coffee I ever fell in love with was a White Chocolate Mocha.
- Geek or Nerd? Nerd. I actually had to google the difference. I’m not sure what that says about me, but there you go.
- Contemporary or Paranormal? Both. No really… I read and write both, and have a deep rooted love of both. If I had to pick between one or the other for the rest of my life I would probably implode.
- Going on a date: Channing Tatum or Liam Hemsworth? There is something about Channing Tatum that just breeds creepy stalker to me; so, Liam Hemsworth
- Eyes or Smile? Depends on the guy, but most of the time Eyes wins over smile.
- Win the lottery or live twice as long? I have to go for the poor man’s choice, Lottery. But I would probably donate most of it, after living in your car for a few months you see money differently.
- Which would you rather be real: Mermaids or Unicorns? Mermaids… Unicorns scare me, they’ve got a weapon on their heads. You can’t trust anything with a weapon on their heads.
- eBooks or hard copies? I always go for e-books first. But, if I love it I will buy the hard copy.
- Anything else you'd like to tell us? I’ve never been able to do a backbend, I think ever meal should be accompanied by Oreo’s, and I am the oldest of three children.
I can do a back bend!! And unf yes! Oreos!! Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks so much for having me!